Community Invited to Get Involved with Hospice Satellite Project
The Residential Hospice Grey Bruce Board of Directors would like to extend an invitation to area residents to a Community Information Session regarding the Southern Bruce Grey Hospice Satellite Project. The event will be held on the evening of July 16th, 2019, starting at 7:00 pm, at the Walkerton Victoria Jubilee Hall.
The Southern Bruce Grey Hospice Satellite Project will allow Residential Hospice of Grey Bruce to expand its impact in the communities of Bruce & Grey. The creation of a second residential hospice location will allow RHGB to provide palliative comfort care to an estimated 70-90 additional Bruce & Grey residents per year. This expansion will also enable residential hospice care to be available within a 45 minute drive of most Bruce & Grey residents. Thanks to tremendous community support in 2018 RHGB provided free hospice palliative care for 120 residents and their families at Chapman House located in Owen Sound.
Attendees to this event will be welcomed with an informative keynote address from Mr. Bill Walker, M.P.P. Bruce – Grey – Owen Sound.
The community information session will also include:
• an opportunity to learn about hospice care
• introductions to members of the RHGB board and staff
• a brief history will be given as to how we arrived at the progress so far in establishing a satellite Hospice in the south of Grey/Bruce, and hopefully in Walkerton
• information on the steps going forward to see this project to fruition
• an opportunity to get involved
This is an invitation to all residents of Grey Bruce to attend this meeting and find out more about your community Hospice.
Questions regarding the Southern Bruce Grey Hospice Satellite project can be directed to email@example.com